TKP: Team Kanban Practitioner Class
The “Team Kanban Practitioner” class is a great place to start with Kanban. This is an introductory, yet intense and interactive 1-day Kanban class. It will enable you to start using and getting benefits of Kanban in your team, also if your team already uses Scrum.
This is not a Kanban or Scrum class but an agnostic agile Scrum-friendly Kanban training from the official German translator of the Kanban Guide for Scrum Teams.
Register for the TKP: Team Kanban Practitioner workshop now:
This page requires frame support. Please use a frame compatible browser to see the ticket sales module.
Try out the online event registration system from XING Events.
The course is the official training class of Kanban University. Participants receive an official internationally recognized “Team Kanban Practitioner (TKP)” certificate of attendance from Kanban University.
My training objectives
- Basic understanding of Kanban as a method for Lean & Agile in knowledge work.
- Experience important Kanban practices for the application in a team.
- Inspiration for working with Kanban.
What you will learn
- What are the core concepts of the Kanban method?
- The 4 types of Team-Kanban and their application.
- How to hold an effective daily Kanban meeting?
- How do you take Kanban to the next level?
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for all persons interested in Kanban from inside or outside the IT industry:
- Team members.
- Team leaders.
- Scrum Masters/Agile Coaches.
All experience levels are welcome. No previous Kanban training or experience is required.
A typical TKP training day starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 6 p.m.
- Check-in and getting to know each other.
- Origins, definition, the meaning of Kanban & the principles of evolutionary change.
- Experience Kanban and several of its core practices in multiple rounds of simulation: The power of visualization with Kanban boards (incl. “ticket” design), how the limitation of work in progress (WIP) creates flow, protects the pull-system and improves collaboration, and other core practices.
- The Kanban meeting and how it is different from a stereotype Daily Scrum.
- How to use some simple metrics to manage the flow.
- Premature stages of Kanban and their benefits and limitations.
- Benefits of team Kanban.
- Team Kanban (TKP) helps you and our team to manage your work better, achieve a sustainable pace and improve customer satisfaction.
- You become familiar with central Kanban aspects like the flow of work, pull system, limitation of WIP, evolutionary change and the Kanban meeting as a feedback loop.
- You understand how to use basic metrics to improve the performance of a Kanban system.
- Team Kanban is a great knowledge basis for further training of the Kanban University, such as Kanban Management Professional (KMP I).
- You will receive 8 PDU (Professional Development Units) or 8 SEU (Scrum Educational Units) for your participation.
- Free PDF/E-Books: “Essential Kanban” (David J. Anderson, Andy Carmichael) and “Kanban—Successful Evolutionary Change for Your Technology Business” (David J. Anderson).
- Discount: Kanban from the Inside (Mike Burrows).
- Free PDF: Original training material of Kanban University.
- Photo protocol.
- Your own profile as alumni of Kanban University.
- “Team Kanban Practitioner” certificate of attendance of Kanban University.
- Free coffee, tea, water, soft drinks, and lunch.
- Accredited Kanban Trainer (AKT) of the Kanban University.
- Certified by Scrum Alliance as Scrum Professional Scrum Master and Product Owner and by Scrum Inc. (Jeff Sutherland) as Scrum@Scale Practitioner.
- Former managing director and product owner of a software company.
- Two decades of consulting, project and leadership experience in start-ups, medium-sized companies, and DAX corporations.
- Founder, organizer, and presenter of the Agile Meetup Leipzig and Agile Barcamp Leipzig.